Community Forum

T3/T4 Timeout Issues

Regular Visitor

T3/T4 Timeout Issues

For the last few years I've had off and on T3/T4 timeout issues.  Comcast has been out numerous times and has done quite a bit to try and get things figured out however the issues persist.  They occur rather irregularly.  Sometimes it's a few times day but then others I will have a week go by in between occurances.  So far Comcast has replaced all connectors inside and outside of my house, rerun the cable from their distribution block to my house, added a filter to my connection, and then removed said filter.  On my end I've replaced my modem (was an Arris SB6141) with a Netgear CM1000 at their advising because they said the old modem was end of life.  The cable in my house comes straight from outside into my basement and directly into my modem without any other connections along the way.  When they've tested in the past they have gotten the same readings outside my house as they have inside.

So my question here is this...what do I need to do to get this fixed?  The problem with contacting support is that unless it is happening right then they tell me there aren't problems and everything is OK.  It's not always convenient to contact them when it happens.  When a tech comes out they don't always see a poor signal however they each have tried *something* to make things better.  I really want to keep Comcast...when it works it is by far the best service where I live.  As a cord cutter though the sporadic timeout issues are really frustrating.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can get this corrected?  Is there some support channel I can use to get this to the right people?

Expert

Re: T3/T4 Timeout Issues

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, LexDiamonds. Good morning. Welcome! Thanks for posting in the community. We appreciate you reaching out here for support. It's frustrating to hear that you've experienced connectivity issues for such a long duration. It's definitely a cause for concern if errors are showing critical, as well as when they're happening that frequently. Those types of issues typically cannot be fixed remotely. If you've checked all of your physical connections and the issue continues, it usually takes a technician to come out to determine where the source of the issue is stemming from. I understand that you've had multiple out to your premise and that is something I'd like to review along the way here too. They usually can still find an issue when it involves signal strength, even if it's not taking place at the exact moment that they're out there. I'd really like to review your modem's diagnostics on this end. Please feel free to take a look at this link as well: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Xfinity-Internet-Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p.... Are you able to post your event log here for us to review? If you can first send me a private message with your name, I will review your modem diagnostics and your technician visit history.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

As requested:

Downstream.PNGDownstreamUpstream.PNGUpstreamlogs.PNGLogsOFDM.PNG

Official Employee

Hi, LexDiamonds. I haven't heard back from you in the PM that we had going. I did go ahead and complete this interaction, but I do want to let you know that I will see be available to support you with this via PM going forward if needed. Feel free to reply to my PM if you do need that support with this. Otherwise, thank you so much for your time and take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.