Community Forum

Switched Modems, Lost all IPV6 and have Xbox Double Nat

New Poster

Switched Modems, Lost all IPV6 and have Xbox Double Nat

I used to be able to connect flawlessly to IPV6 and xbox had a open nat.

I upgraded my modem through comcast and now IPV6 doesnt work and xbox has a double nat.

The modem is set in Bridge mode with the box checked for Home Network Ethernet Port 2.

Havent changed anything on my router. 

any ideas what could have happened. 

Expert

Re: Switched Modems, Lost all IPV6 and have Xbox Double Nat

Are you certain that the gateway device is actually in bridge mode ? Do you get a public IP address on the LAN side / ethernet port #1 or a private (10.x.x.x) one ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've read that you should use port 1.  Double check bridge mode, check the firewall settings on the modem page as well, i have mine turned off as I use a separate router.

New Poster

I tried everything, I even reset both router and modem to factory settings. Now I have 1Mbps download speed, and thats hard wired direct to the modem. 

Tags (1)
Expert

What model gateway did you upgrade to? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

A comcast tech came out, the modem was bad and swapped that out along with other things.
Expert

So are you saying that that took care of your problem ?

New Poster

Yeah the modem was bad, he said possible firmware error and a few things got adjusted and all good
Expert

O/k glad that it got worked out !