Community Forum

Super slow WiFi fixed only temporarily with network name change

New Poster

Super slow WiFi fixed only temporarily with network name change

Hi. For days or weeks now I've been experiencing very slow download speeds (2Mbps) on my WiFi which should be around 300 Mbps. I've called many times and even had techs come over but it's the same. I ran into a good and thorough Xfinity tech rep called Lee (short for something else) who thought changing the network name and password would help. Apparently some safety configuration was making the modem switch to "mobile" mode. So, we changed the network name (removed the word FAMILY) and IT WORKED!! It jumped back to 300 Mbps immediately. I was amazed and relieved, but after a few hours (or less), it went back to 2-3Mbps. I've checked my firewall configuration, confirmed my network was set to private, I don't know what else to do here. I know this quick fix works (momentarily) but something is definitely wrong and it goes back to super slow speeds. Can anbody help me see if this could be something with my PC config or anything else? The download issues extend to my mobile phone and smartTV, so, I don't think it's related to my computer. I'm relying on some of you Tech Savvy users or reps to PLEASE give me a hand with this. I'm going crazy with this issue and I work from home, so, it's really affecting my productivity. I've called so many times, I don't know what else to do. They've given me perks and stuff for my inconvenience, but I really need to have this fixed asap. Hope one of you can help! Thank you!! Any of these high-ranked experts able to help? @ComcastPhill @ComcastHana @CCJody @ComcastLauraL @ComcastLeemay 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Super slow WiFi fixed only temporarily with network name change

Hello luisdiazyo. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with troubleshooting your WiFi speed issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Super slow WiFi fixed only temporarily with network name change

Hi luisdiazyo. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!