Community Forum

Suddenly unable to access xfinitywifi hotspots. Error 0106 given in Hotspots app.

New Poster

Suddenly unable to access xfinitywifi hotspots. Error 0106 given in Hotspots app.

Yesterday my phone asked me to sign in to the "xfinitywifi" hotspot.  Normally I would punch in my email/password and then be on my way.  However, yesterday I was redirected to a different page that was asserting I need to buy a pass to continue using Wifi OnDemand.  

Following that, I tried getting on via the Hotspots app (Comcast's app, on Play Store).  I punch in my credentials and the app tells me it cannot authenticate and I don't have access with my tier of service.  My specific error code is 0106.  I tapped on the link for more details and I was redirected to an Xfinity page that reiterated the same thing.  (Screenshots attached.)

I called support and after talking with three different people, who all agree I did actually have access to xfinitywifi hotspots, the third person told me to select the "Complimentary Pass" (the one-hour version).  I question if this with result in perstitent access, which they claimed it would, but the access was cut after an hour.

So, I'm hoping a Comcast agent with the relevant expertise can troubleshoot my account and fix the issue.  I have the Blast internet service, so I don't think it is truly an issue with lack of access.  If anyone else has dealt with this and knows of a fix I'd like to hear it!

Screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/UBUnmfJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nAdkRGa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zOq6X8d.jpg

New Poster

Re: Suddenly unable to access xfinitywifi hotspots. Error 0106 given in Hotspots app.

Sorry about the images.  They show up in the editor, but not in the post.  Not sure what to do to fix it.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Suddenly unable to access xfinitywifi hotspots. Error 0106 given in Hotspots app.

@crackertastic wrote:

Sorry about the images.  They show up in the editor, but not in the post.  Not sure what to do to fix it.

Search for "free file hosting"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@crackertastic wrote:

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

See if the folks in this dept. can help you;  1-855-75-PREPAID 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the info.  It would be nice if they mentioned that during post creation.

I've updated the images to provide imgur links instead.

New Poster

So, I'm posting this in case anyone else happens themselves upon this issue.  

I called support again and was able to get the issue resolved.  Evidently this had to do with a bootlog file that was not entered properly on the Xfinity side.  I have my own modem at home.  The tech reloaded it and things started working as normal.  

Not sure why it decided to go away in the first place, but that's an afterthought now.

Expert

Glad you got it squared away ! Now closing this thread.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!