Community Forum

Suddenly experiencing connection drops

Frequent Visitor

Suddenly experiencing connection drops

Have been very happy with my service and rarely had issues. Within the past few days I have started to experience connection drops. When the connection is working I seem to be getting varying speedtests as well. Have tried resetting the modem a few times, unplugged from coax and power for a few mins, reconnected. Unfortunately, I am still having drops. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Modem Make/Model: Netgear CM1000

Connected directly to desktop PC via Cat 6 - *for troubleshooting otherwise using Linksys EA9300 router.

Xfinity Gigabit Connection

Downstream:

https://postimg.cc/47xbq4G2

Upstream:
https://postimg.cc/2b9FDp8k

Event Log:
https://postimg.cc/zHLwDdVn

Found my other router and tried that one, same issues remain.

Expert

Re: Suddenly experiencing connection drops

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the heads up. I have edited my original post with links to the images as you suggested.

Expert

The signal stats are o/k but the error log entries indicate that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you I appreciate the help a ton!

Official Employee

Hello @jaxgpmjags, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I definitely understand how important it is to have a steady connection and I'm sorry to hear that is not what you have been experiencing the last few days. We absolutely want to get to the bottom of this so that it can be corrected. I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot and assist you with this. 

Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amira,

Unfortunately I am still having issues with my connection. I really need this to get resolved. What are the next steps?

Event log from modem:

https://postimg.cc/m1NRdXKr

Expert

@jaxgpmjags  Have you sent @ComcastAmira  that private message as she requested ?

Frequent Visitor

Sure have. I worked with her up until just after 10:30pm (Eastern) last night. That was the last reply I received.

Expert

Oakie doakie. 

Frequent Visitor

I called and arranged an appointment for a tech to come out. Luckily, earliest available is tomorrow. I understand its Sunday but I needed to at least get something scheduled.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jaxgpmjags, I truly apologize for the delay, I was actually off for the last 3 days. I am happy to know a tech was scheduled out and I have responded in our private message. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@jaxgpmjags, I have not heard back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me another PM if you still need assistance with these connection drops. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.