Community Forum

Suddenly My MOCA Speed Is Half What It Was

Frequent Visitor

Suddenly My MOCA Speed Is Half What It Was

Was getting 300 UP consistently from my MOCA connections on the 2nd and 3rd floor with my MOCA Adapters. Same speed as the direct connection where my modem is located in the basement. Seems strange it would drop by half down to 150. I keep wondering if any changes might have been made with a firmware update to the modem. 

I have the correct filter before the first split and MOCA splitters in lead to both units. If I didn't I wouldn't have been getting 300 for months now. 

Just wondering if anyone has recently noticed that kind of drop. It's not a crisis but I would like to resolve the source of the drop if any troubleshooting can help figure it out.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Suddenly My MOCA Speed Is Half What It Was

This thread was killed before it could answer the question fully:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/X1-XB3-and-MoCA-Networking/m-p/2958745?advanced=fals...

The last reply insisted you could not make MoCa the Preferred Controller. But when I set it up months ago it certainly was! I have the screenshot.

This seems to be the only difference from then until now unless comcast has changed something in the modem firmware. I've changed nothing on my end and both MoCa 2.0 adapters are now at half speed. So what's up guys?

Moca Status_Nov26.PNG