Community Forum

Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

Frequent Visitor

Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

I have cancelled television and VOIP service.  The exterior line connects to the interior network through a subscriber amplifier # CSAPDU9VP.  Is there a benefit to quality of service if I remove this from the network?  The tech had trouble getting good signal to a couple of drops.  The 'voip' (white coax) goes off to the DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  The rest of the lines run off to the various TV outlets, one of which has a power injector.  Should I connect the 'in' line directly to the modem with a coupler?  Should the filter or whatever with the red band be deleted?  Thanks!

connn.jpg

Official Employee

Re: Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

RobertCraig5238 wrote:

I have cancelled television and VOIP service.  The exterior line connects to the interior network through a subscriber amplifier # CSAPDU9VP.  Is there a benefit to quality of service if I remove this from the network?  The tech had trouble getting good signal to a couple of drops.  The 'voip' (white coax) goes off to the DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  The rest of the lines run off to the various TV outlets, one of which has a power injector.  Should I connect the 'in' line directly to the modem with a coupler?  Should the filter or whatever with the red band be deleted?  Thanks!

connn.jpg

Your modem will gain back 4 db on the downstream(it's on the label of the port), if you remove the amp. Keep the moca filter(red band), if you have an XB3 or XB6 rented gateway.