Community Forum

Suboptimal Blast tier internet speeds

Frequent Visitor

Suboptimal Blast tier internet speeds

Hello everyone. I recently moved into a new home and subscribed to the blast tier xfinity internet. The description mentioned speeds up to 150 mbps though currently, I get no more than 90 download and about 9-10 upload.

I’m using a brand new motorola mg7700 approved by Comcast. Can anyone please shed some light on this? I would be sincerely grateful. Thanks in advance for your time.
Expert

Re: Suboptimal Blast tier internet speeds

Is this with an Ethernet connection? If so, does the computer have a Gigabit Ethernet port?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes ethernet Cat7 cables. I used to get about 180 download just prior to moving out on my laptop. Thanks for the response.
Expert

How do your signals look like?

http://192.168.100.1

Here’s what I’m thinking so far. At your old house, the signals were ok, and at your new home, the signals might be not as ok as they should.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? 

Try getting them here http://192.168.0.1 admin is the username motorola is the password.

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you all for the replies I’ll post these as soon as I get back from work.
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone i just took a screenshot of the requested numbers on my iphone but i am unable to paste them here. Am I doing this incorrectly?
Expert

No, you are not.  Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.,

Frequent Visitor

Any way I can request permission to post a screenshot here? I just tried another speedtest via xfinity. Randomly jumped to 400 download. Retested several times resulting in errors until it reverted to the usual 80-90 mbps.
Frequent Visitor

Managed to gain access to picture posts. Here goes. Hope this is what was requested. Thanks again for your time.
52841213-8528-4DA2-8BF4-55810493F1B1.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

Well... I’m also getting intermittent freezes and random disconnects. Particularly when I am streaming netflix or gaming (wired connection). I’ve scheduled a tech to come verify the issues.
Expert

The stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time. Please also post the RF error /event log entries.

Frequent Visitor

Here are the event logs from this morning. Once again I’m very grateful for your time.

31FAA628-554B-47E6-A1A6-AB11B8382F24.png
Expert

Please post back after you have the tech visit and let us know how things turn out.

Frequent Visitor

Are these event logs okay?

Tech arrived on Thursday. Mentioned that nothing is wrong. Recommended me I exchange the modem for a new one if things continue to be problematic.

He did place something on the coaxial attachment to the modem (perhaps an adapter of some sort) said it was to prevent my wifi signal from being stolen or accessed. So far I have not had any issues. Speeds are back to 150-170 mbps range.
Expert

Hard to tell. It's only a very small sample, and there are no time stamps on them. It may be only one single event but falsely looks like many. Not having timestamps basically invalidates them. Makes them unhelpful.

Official Employee

Hi there, NJ290. 

We may need to get a tech out to take a look in person. I can see what I can do on my side. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Here are some dated event logs. Noticed a timeout occur precisely last night.

The tech that arrived mentioned that I might need to change the modem.

4295C4B2-66A2-45EE-B1BB-8ED1DDC59FFF.jpeg