Community Forum

Streaming Problems

New Poster

Streaming Problems

I am having problems streaming. My desktop PC (Yes I still use one) is connected with and Ethernet cable to my Xfinity Gateway Router. At about 10 PM every evening, I will be watching somethin which I saved on my DVR, or a movie on HBO, etc., and the system will start buffering and cause a break in what I'm viewing. It gets so bad that I must cancel the show and reboot my browser.

I check the speed using the recommended speed tester, as well as the Google speed tester. My download speed is at, or near (and sometimes above) the 250 Mb mark (which is what I am supposed to receive). As a test, I will go to You Tube, or Netflix, or Amazon Prime, and there are no streaming problems.

Comcast sent a technician to my home and he could not find any problems with my home system.

I suspect that Comcast has a problem with it's servers. My home is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Official Employee

Re: Streaming Problems

Hi shel10, thank you for reaching out here on our community forums. I understand you are having issues with your streaming in the evening, and know how frustrating it can be to have your show interrupted.  Have your tried using another device to stream and see if you are experiencing the same buffering issues?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!