Community Forum

Starting 28APR20 I can no longer access O365 Sharepoint online

Highlighted
New Poster

Starting 28APR20 I can no longer access O365 Sharepoint online

Like a lot of people, I've been working from home for weeks due to Covid-19.  Prior to that I would periodically work from home (work from home day, evening, weekend, etc.).  I'm also an IT Professional.

Starting yesterday, April 28th, 2020, I can no longer access Microsoft Office 365 Sharepoint Online via my comcast Internet connection.  If I switch my computer to my AT&T iPhone hotspot, it works fine.  Prior to yesterday I never had any issues.  Also I have two computers and the issue is on both:  MACBook Pro running Catalina and a Windows 10 computer.  The issue started at the same time for both computers.

On Teams Files, I get this message:  

The specified list is invalid
The specified list might have been deleted or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the site owner for more information.
Retry

From OneDrive I get this message:

This site can’t be reached

xxxxxxxx-my.sharepoint.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Please help, this is seriously impacting my ability to do my job.

This also includes access to O365 Teams "files" and OneDrive, which of course are both on Sharepoint Online.

Tried the usual stuff - rebooted both computers, rebooted router, etc...

So far this isn't an issue others at my company reported, but I think there are very few of us (possibly only me) work in the South Bay (South San Jose).

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Starting 28APR20 I can no longer access O365 Sharepoint online

What does a Ping ,  Traceroute or DNS Lookup tell you about the connection? There have been recurring instances of connectivity issues with Microsoft related sites and Comcast of late due to errors with Microsoft's edge servers going down. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Great suggestion, can't believe I didn't try it.  This solved the issue. 

That said, I'm not thrilled about and rely on that feature to protect my kid's devices in case they make any poor choices on the Internet.

Also this is a new issue that for me only started yesterday and I've had the advanced threat protection turned on for some time.  So Comcast is identifying sharepoint online as a false positive.  @comcast - I hope you fix this.

Highlighted
Expert

Glad that worked for you !