Community Forum

Started unicast matience

Frequent Visitor

Started unicast matience

I get this on both modems my active one is SB8200 swapped to c7800 then went back to SB8200 to report it to the supervisor in my city but they can’t solve the issue and I moved my modem to my aunt house she lives 2 miles away and I still get started unicast matience and all the other errors do you guys know what it could be because it keeps logging up in the event log it’s not my modems it’s the isp problem maybe it’s an issue with headend or the pole leading to headend facility Smiley Sad
0C596B4D-B310-41A4-A795-07A907D28C64.jpeg
098154D8-589D-4BA1-9B21-4F3D2257E39C.jpeg
438FFEE9-A8F1-4062-8AE3-949EA483F7EE.png
DAE18D74-EF65-4933-9B1C-3F445D188E3C.jpeg
Expert

Re: Started unicast matience

Having a small amount of those errors is normal. It is when they become numerous that they can indicate a problem.

FWIW most of those error log entries are unhelpful and basically useless because they have the default "1970 date/time stamp" / Time Not Established" so they can't really be used for troubleshooting and are invalid. The default time happens when a modem is re-booted/powercycled either deliberately by the end user or spontaneously because of connectivity / signal issues with the system and spits out a number of random errors caused by the re-boot. Makes the entries look more numerous than they really are.

The signal stats are good ! There a no uncorrectable errors ! Are you actually experiencing any connectivity problems or are you just focusing on the error log entries ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The unicast happens everyday I can get rid of it by rebooting the modem 5 times as a reset so it can commicate with the cmts and my neighbor next door has a t3 timeout to the internet starts slowing down at my aunts house I get 935 but here I only get 500 to 846 nothing above maybe to many people on the same node I just want that error to go away because my log get full
Frequent Visitor

I’ve tried and tired since November of 2017 since I got gig this issue have been happing but the tech op supervisor says nothing wrong but there is
Frequent Visitor

I put different modem on my account I still get started unicast I was saying I moved my modem to my aunts house plugged it in there because iknow it works I reset it my modem detects that error everytime it’s something to do with the cmts no my modems i have what do you think is it normal or not ? Is there rf ingress in the upstream return path at headend facility?
Frequent Visitor

So I found the issue the started unicast is downstream where it aquired the downstream signal so 657 has issues the only channels that work is 555 591 609 639 651 and I’m missing 513 and 603 hz what can I do?
Frequent Visitor

Changing the frequency to 555mhz takes away started unicast is the problem the missing channel? That is for 32? Check screenshot plz?
Official Employee

Hi, Henry071! Thank you for posting your questions in the Xfinity Forums! I can check your logs and neighborhood to see if there are any wiring or RF signal issues. I see that you already sent me a private message and I will continue engaging there. Have a great day!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!