Community Forum

Sporatic Wireless Connection to Directv Genie HR44

New Poster

Sporatic Wireless Connection to Directv Genie HR44

Hello,

I have seen other posts about this issue and am also experiencing it.  My Comcast wireless router connects to all devices appropriately, but connectivity continues to drop according to my Genie box.

Is there something you can do to my wireless router to help with the connectivity? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Sporatic Wireless Connection to Directv Genie HR44

Hi there,

I have worked on this issue in the past. I will check you modem settings and make sure that you're settings are where they need to be. However, devices such as PS4's, Genie's and other devices that involve gaming or streaming video can have a hard time staying connected (even with some modems and routers other than the ones Comcast offers). And according to the Direct TV forums, they are aware that this issue s affecting customers. Their response up to this point has been to connect the Genie directly to the modem/gateway if possible.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Here is one post from Direct TV's forums that matches the issue you described. I knowit's over a year old, but there are more recent posts with the same question and answer.

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11252530

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been a tech for directv for a kong time know. This has been a issue mainly with HR44s and Xfinity gateways. Sometimes with the contruction of the house it mau not be possible to hardwire to the internet. I know for sure the Technicolor T8305C will not work with genie HR44 at all, wired or wireless. It's something with settings in the gateway. The other gateways they offer do work when wired but if you have to use wireless. The only fix is separate modem and wireless router