Community Forum

Speed upgrade not working

New Poster

Speed upgrade not working

Last week i upgraded from 200Mbps to 400Mbps. I went out and bought a brand new Netgear DOCSIS 3.1 modem. Got home and connected it and am still receiving the old 200Mbps. I called comcast tech support and ran thru all their troubleshooting steps to no avail. I told them this has happened before when upgrading from one speed tier to another. The field tech that was sent out back then, said it was not properly configured on comcast's end and had the support tech he was speaking with configure it correctly. The tech support agent this time just scheduled a tech and said it wasn't on their end. The field tech arrived today and said there is nothing that he can do cause it is on Comcast end. The support tech he called said the boot file wasn't updated. He updated the boot file, but i still am not getting the speed. The field tech says there is nothing he can do because it is not configured correctly on Comcast's end. So what other option do i have? Tech support can't fix it and the field tech can't fix it.

Expert

Re: Speed upgrade not working

@spctorres wrote:

Last week i upgraded from 200Mbps to 400Mbps. I went out and bought a brand new Netgear DOCSIS 3.1 modem. Got home and connected it and am still receiving the old 200Mbps. I called comcast tech support and ran thru all their troubleshooting steps to no avail. I told them this has happened before when upgrading from one speed tier to another. The field tech that was sent out back then, said it was not properly configured on comcast's end and had the support tech he was speaking with configure it correctly. The tech support agent this time just scheduled a tech and said it wasn't on their end. The field tech arrived today and said there is nothing that he can do cause it is on Comcast end. The support tech he called said the boot file wasn't updated. He updated the boot file, but i still am not getting the speed. The field tech says there is nothing he can do because it is not configured correctly on Comcast's end. So what other option do i have? Tech support can't fix it and the field tech can't fix it.

Have you tried a factory reset of the CM1000, by pressing and holding in the reset button on the back of the CM1000 for at least 7 seconds until all the LEDs blink on the CM1000? Also, to make sure, is this the CM1000-100NAS or is it the CM1000-1AZNAS?

New Poster

No i have not tried a factory reset. i will try that and let you know. Also, the box and the modem only says CM1000.

Expert

Yeah, try that and check it. If you still have the box, it should be on the bottom of the box where the barcodes are.
New Poster

I've tried the factory reset and it didn't work. It says CM1000-NAS

@jweaver0312 wrote:
Yeah, try that and check it. If you still have the box, it should be on the bottom of the box where the barcodes are.

Expert

Since it didn’t work and you already had a technician there and it wasn’t a success, I’m going to escalate your issue to a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hello spctorres, I can help get your speeds corrected to match your internet subscription. To get started, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".