Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Speed test

New Poster

Speed test

Just got the email that Internet speed has been increased to 150 Mbps.

I rebooted my modem as directed.

I have a couple of speed tests, but they only go up to 100 Mbps.

So I searched for an Xfinity speed test and found one, but guess what, it only goes to 100 too. It registered my speed at 93.34 Mbps.

So, the test is not working properly or I am not getting anywhere near 150.

What's up?

Regular Contributor

Re: Speed test

Hard to say what the issue is w/o additional info.  What was your speed tier prior to the "upgrade"?  Have you tested with an Ethernet cable attached to the modem? 

BTW I got the e-mail today about a speed upgrade but, it was for an old service tier instead of my current Gig speeds.  When they upped it for Performance from 25 to 55 though a reboot took care of the update.

Expert

jorton884 wrote:

Just got the email that Internet speed has been increased to 150 Mbps.

I rebooted my modem as directed.

I have a couple of speed tests, but they only go up to 100 Mbps.

So I searched for an Xfinity speed test and found one, but guess what, it only goes to 100 too. It registered my speed at 93.34 Mbps.

So, the test is not working properly or I am not getting anywhere near 150.

What's up? 

For giggles, what do you get here ?;

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

What do you also get for the upload speed ?

Regular Contributor

We were having similar issues a few months ago when we determined the router in use was only 10/100 Mbps (rated), and our speed tests kept coming up with ~ 60 Mbps.

After replacing the router, we were achieving 120 Mbps (typical speed for 100 Mbps service - 20% overage by Comcast).

We just rebooted today after receiving the same email, and our speed tests out at 180 Mbps (again, 20% overage on 150 Mbps).

The above is through an Ethernet connection.  If you are testing the connection via wireless, there could be a lot at play affecting your tested speed.

Not too shabby for a modem EOL'ed by Comcast quite some time ago (Motorola SB6141).  Comcast claims this modem is capable of up to 150 Mbps, but the documentation for the modem states up to 343 Mbps.