Community Forum

Specs for splitter

Highlighted
New Poster

Specs for splitter

Looking for updated specs for a interior coax splitter.   I'm not sure if I need a 5-1000mhz or 5-2400mhz 2-way splitter.

Details: I recently upgrade from just internet to internet + TV.  The self intall kit did not include a splitter.  I'm only using a single wall plate to connect my personal modem and single X1 HD/DVR box.  I have the 150 Mbps internet.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Specs for splitter

5-1000 if you are not using any MoCA networking equipment.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks EG.

I'm not currently using MoCA but can't say for sure that I won't at some point.  Is there any harm is using a 5-2400mhz splitter with my current setup as a way to possibly future proof further additions?

Expert

That's designed more for satellite service. Use one of these instead;

https://www.amazon.com/Holland-Electronics-GHS-2Pro-M-Splitter-5-1675Mhz/dp/B00P6VHLP0

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!