Community Forum

Smart TVs connected to network but not to internet

Frequent Visitor

Smart TVs connected to network but not to internet

Both my smart tv's are giving me this message that they are conncted to the network (via wifi) but not to the internet. My iphone and ipad have no problem.  My modem/router is a number of years old and I had an email from Comcast saying I need to upgrade my equipment.  Could this be why my tv's are not connecting any longer?  Also the signal is quite weak in our bedroom and I know I need to address it anyway, but dread the whole thing of hooking up new equipment, etc..

Regular Contributor

Re: Smart TVs connected to network but not to internet

Sounds like the WIFI signal is strong enough to connect to the AP but not strong enough to pass traffic.  Replacing the modem these days is pretty easy to do.  Just take the one you have to the office and pick up a new one.  Connect a PC directly to it and then power it up and head over here https://register.be.xfinity.com/activate to activate it.  Once you confirm you can get to multiple sites you simply power it down and reconnect everything the way it was before.  If you own your own router it could be just as simple to replace or grab some wifi extenders/repeaters to boost the signal coverage.