Community Forum

Slow speeds and connectivity problems throughout the day.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Slow speeds and connectivity problems throughout the day.

I have had less than 400 Mbps speeds since before I changed to my 1 Gbps tier earlier this year. Since I changed, I have never received the speed I pay for. I have hardwired my computer to the modem directly and checked, nothing over 450 Mbps. I am hardwired when I check the connection every single time. I have numerous t3 and t4 errors on the modem per day. Disconnects were happening more frequently, 50+ times a day but have reduced to 5-10 times a day. The disconnects happen at random times during the day but the speed only every gets to 400 Mbps max. Most times the speed hovers at about 250 Mbps. The modem is fairly new, changed this year to make sure I had the proper equipment for the speed. I have an Arris SB8200. I am using a Netgear Nighthawk AC2600. I have changed all the cables running from those two pieces of equipment to the wall. I have had 3 total techs out. One checked just the cables right outside my house, which he found one frayed cable, changed it, no effect. The second one checked those same cables but also the main poles (they are underground in my area) but found nothing. He changed one connector inside the house and also changed the cable out from the wall to the modem. He said everything looked great on his end. He ordered a line tech to come out and that line tech said he cleaned up some noise from some local businesses but everything looked "squeaky clean" afterwards. So far I still have the same problems minus the high number of disconnects. I am at a lost. The last person I spoke to on the phone didn't have an answer, offered me money to compensate and told me they don't know what's going on. They are charging me money for a broken service and don't know how to fix it! I have had 4 tickets opened with their engineering department, I do not know the outcome of any of those tickets. They don't call me or text me with any info. The "techs" I speak to on the phone are always entry level people who run the same diagnostic solutions, which are completely pointless. I am paying for something i'm not receiving and it's very frustrating. I am considering contacting several agencies, including the BBB and the FCC to find out if they can put some vigor in Comcast's ability to perform their duties. I want to know if anyone here knows anything concerning this problem, maybe something similar happened to them. If someone knows a solution or can help me get to where I need to be, please let me know. I feel frustrated and confused on how Comcast, the people I pay, don't know how or what is wrong with my internet! If any further information is needed, let me know.

Thanks for reading through this vent/informational piece. Any information is greatly appreciated.