Community Forum

Slow internet speeds when gaming

New Poster

Slow internet speeds when gaming

My internet speeds seem to be very slow when i play on my playstation 4 but not on the phone. Why is that?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow internet speeds when gaming

I'm experiencing the same issue. The last couple days, my upload speeds have been crashing to extremely low levels. I do a speed test, with my phone, and it says I have a 20Mb upload, but when I attempt to stream, I get "low bandwidth" error, and the video cuts out for viewers.

I thought it might be isolated to one night, but I have reset my equipment, several times, and the issue still remains, several days later. Today, I'm working from home, and the upload rates are still very low, even from my PC.

All connections are wired. No difference, when switching to wireless

Expert

Re: Slow internet speeds when gaming

@Brendacrews123 wrote:
My internet speeds seem to be very slow when i play on my playstation 4 but not on the phone. Why is that?

There's all sorts of reasons for speed discrepancies. Please refer to this post and if you still need assistance, come back with the required information in this post.

@notman05 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue. The last couple days, my upload speeds have been crashing to extremely low levels. I do a speed test, with my phone, and it says I have a 20Mb upload, but when I attempt to stream, I get "low bandwidth" error, and the video cuts out for viewers.

I thought it might be isolated to one night, but I have reset my equipment, several times, and the issue still remains, several days later. Today, I'm working from home, and the upload rates are still very low, even from my PC.

All connections are wired. No difference, when switching to wireless

Please do the same, but post in your own, new thread to prevent confusion. 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman