Community Forum

Slow internet speed

New Poster

Slow internet speed

I am interested to know if anyone else is having slow internet speeds in Loveland, Colorado? I have consistently seen my speeds at 30-50mbps when I should be at 160-180 if I remember correctly, I cannot find what my account entails. In our house we have one tv on hard wired internet, one tv on WiFi, two computers possibly and two phones. We will have tv shows slow down and blink in and out, our phones will be SLLLOOOOOOWWWW. I have tried repositioning the gateway, reset the gateway and unplug and restart the gateway. Still have 30-50mbps.
Expert

Re: Slow internet speed

Hi @Bkauff23

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Slow internet speed

Hello, Bkauff23, welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

Please review the troubleshooting guide that Nerdburg provided and let us know how it goes. If these troubleshooting steps don't help then I can absolutely take a closer look so we can get you back to top speeds again.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!