Community Forum

Slow internet at night

New Poster

Slow internet at night

Every night about midnight until 6 AM my internet speed drops to 4-12 mbps. I cannot use the network, nothing comes through or goes out. When I rest the modem, speeds come up for 1-2 minutes and then drop again. When Comcast does a restart it always comes back that everything looks ok. This has been going on well over a month now.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slow internet at night

@Matt713 wrote:
Every night about midnight until 6 AM my internet speed drops to 4-12 mbps. I cannot use the network, nothing comes through or goes out. When I rest the modem, speeds come up for 1-2 minutes and then drop again. When Comcast does a restart it always comes back that everything looks ok. This has been going on well over a month now.

Are you using something like the Amazon backup service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

No
Expert

FWIW, those hours happen to be their window for maintenance opportunity. Perhaps they are doing maintenance / network upgrades on your local system ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I figured it out by accident.  I opened up my xFi app to look at usage and noticed my devices were put in sleep mode from 12-6.  One would think that a notification might pop up on the device and state that it’s in sleep mode, would save a lot of frustration. 

Expert

Way to go !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!