Community Forum

Slow internet after modem change

Highlighted
New Poster

Slow internet after modem change

I upgraded from 175mbs to 275mbs and with that I went from my own modem to an xFi modem. When I switched modems my speed dropped to 90mbps. I never had issues with speed with my own modem. I called tech support and was told the issue would be fixed within a 24 hour period. The issue still hasn’t resolved. I have power cycled the modem and reset the modem and it has not made a difference. I would like to get the issue fixed but it seems like I should go back to my own modem? Thanks.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Slow internet after modem change

Call back in and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!