Community Forum

Slow download speeds with Blast

Regular Visitor

Slow download speeds with Blast

We are currently paying for Blast, but for the past several months our download speeds have been very erratic. Most of the time it runs about 60mb with daily dips in the teens. We have gone through all the trouble shooting steps to no avail. We've had a tech out who tested the box and said it was fine (and it may have been for that moment.)  This is very frustrating! 

Any suggestions on best next steps?

New Poster

Re: Slow download speeds with Blast

Same here, had techs out twice - now they're telling me because we have walls, the signal is weak and we'll need some signal-boosting 'pods'. Even though this was never an issue before. 

Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that your download speeds are not where they are supposed to be. We definitely want to determine the underlying cause of this issue and I would be more than happy to further look into this on my end. Please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@niki4god, I wanted to let you know I will be locking this thread, but I look forward to hearing back from you in a private message once you have replaced the modem. At that point, we can go from there. Please be sure to reach out to us Publicly, if you need assistance with any other issues or concerns in the meantime. We're here to help! Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!