Community Forum

Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

New Poster

Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

I don't know how many times I've contacted Comcast support. In just the past month three Comcast technicians have come over to try and resolve the issue. First, it was the modem. I went out, did some research, and bought what many said was a reliable modem (costing around 70 dollars). Next, I bought an expensive, 250 dollar Netgear router that was reviewed highly by many. Nothing seemed to fix my weak connection, slow download speeds, and high ping. At last, I was prompted to change the wire through my house, which I did and lo and behold, nothing changed. The Comcast technician told me it was my router and installed a Comcast modem + router combination (that I have to pay an additional 10 dollars mind you). At this point, I don't know what to do. It's starting to get exhausting contacting people, spending more money than I need, and taking time off so they can investigate the issue. So, as a last resort, I can contact some forums and ask the community for some help - help I desperately need. 

Expert

Re: Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!