Community Forum

Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

New Poster

Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

I don't know how many times I've contacted Comcast support. In just the past month three Comcast technicians have come over to try and resolve the issue. First, it was the modem. I went out, did some research, and bought what many said was a reliable modem (costing around 70 dollars). Next, I bought an expensive, 250 dollar Netgear router that was reviewed highly by many. Nothing seemed to fix my weak connection, slow download speeds, and high ping. At last, I was prompted to change the wire through my house, which I did and lo and behold, nothing changed. The Comcast technician told me it was my router and installed a Comcast modem + router combination (that I have to pay an additional 10 dollars mind you). At this point, I don't know what to do. It's starting to get exhausting contacting people, spending more money than I need, and taking time off so they can investigate the issue. So, as a last resort, I can contact some forums and ask the community for some help - help I desperately need. 

Expert

Re: Slow download speeds, weak connection, high ping

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.