Community Forum

Slow Upload Speed

Frequent Visitor

Slow Upload Speed

My upload speed was so bad on my 200/10, that I downgraded to 100/5. What's the point of paying for 10Mbps upload when all you get is 3Mbps???

I kept contacting support. They would make some changes, reset the modem, and my upload would be 10-12Mbps for a day or two. Then it would drop back down to less than 5Mbps. I'm on my second modem in 1 year because the last one had problems.

I hate living in an area where my only "fast" option for upload is 10Mbps, and the reliablility is just horrific.

z

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slow Upload Speed

It's probably a signal problem, have a look at the troubleshooting here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/td-p/1253575

Post your downstream power levels / SNR and upstream power levels.

What make / model modem?

Frequent Visitor

Sorry this took me so long to respond. I keep the modem in Bridge mode, so I had to find the time to do a hard reset. Here are the signal strengths and modem info:

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.21.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.21.16 PM.png

The installer originally had to come out twice because the first amp that he installed was not strong enough. I just wish I could have better upload speeds. While slow upload speeds are ok for most, the slow upload speed coupled with poor QoS makes Skype calls impossible.

Frequent Visitor

I solved my own problem. Hopefully this will help others.

If you have a Comcast provided signal AMP, do not use the VoIP (-4db) port for your cable modem!!!!!

Note my signal strength is much better now:

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 10.34.17 AM.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Just a FWIW, the only problem with that is that port on the amp is the one that will stay connected to the internet / phone service if there is a power outage to the amplifier (it's passive) and if you have a battery backup installed in the modem / gateway device.