Community Forum

Slow Upload Speed

Frequent Visitor

Slow Upload Speed

My upload speed was so bad on my 200/10, that I downgraded to 100/5. What's the point of paying for 10Mbps upload when all you get is 3Mbps???

I kept contacting support. They would make some changes, reset the modem, and my upload would be 10-12Mbps for a day or two. Then it would drop back down to less than 5Mbps. I'm on my second modem in 1 year because the last one had problems.

I hate living in an area where my only "fast" option for upload is 10Mbps, and the reliablility is just horrific.

z

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slow Upload Speed

It's probably a signal problem, have a look at the troubleshooting here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/td-p/1253575

Post your downstream power levels / SNR and upstream power levels.

What make / model modem?

Frequent Visitor

Sorry this took me so long to respond. I keep the modem in Bridge mode, so I had to find the time to do a hard reset. Here are the signal strengths and modem info:

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.21.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 12.21.16 PM.png

The installer originally had to come out twice because the first amp that he installed was not strong enough. I just wish I could have better upload speeds. While slow upload speeds are ok for most, the slow upload speed coupled with poor QoS makes Skype calls impossible.

Frequent Visitor

I solved my own problem. Hopefully this will help others.

If you have a Comcast provided signal AMP, do not use the VoIP (-4db) port for your cable modem!!!!!

Note my signal strength is much better now:

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 10.34.17 AM.png

Expert

Just a FWIW, the only problem with that is that port on the amp is the one that will stay connected to the internet / phone service if there is a power outage to the amplifier (it's passive) and if you have a battery backup installed in the modem / gateway device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!