Community Forum

Slow Internet

New Poster

Slow Internet

I had Gigabit service installed about a month ago.  During the initial installation the technician had to put in an order to have a new line buried.  Two weeks later the new line was buried.  My connection is still slow.  Never reaching more than about 150 Mbps down.  This weekend during torrential rain my connection dropped to around 15 Mbps with continuous lost connections. I have effectively been without service for the better part of a month and have had to hold off on cancelling my service from my previous provider.  This problem is the same reason I cancelled my service previously with Comcast.  When I went and looked at the pedastel in my neighbor's backyard, the box was open, there are no security locks on the end of the cables, and there is one tap that actually has a splitter with two lines.  I worked as a contractor for Comcast for quite a while and unless something has changed this is completely unacceptable.  I have attached a picture to show exactly what I see. https://imgur.com/a/JJhECOo

Official Employee

Re: Slow Internet

Hi Cirk3t, thank you for reaching out here and I would like to help. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Slow Internet

Hi Cirk3t,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!