Community Forum

Slow Internet at 1 computer

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Slow Internet at 1 computer

Just upgraded to the XB6 Modem (wasn't getting correct speed). All 3 computers were working on the previous modem. They are all wired to the same switch. Since the upgrade to the XB6 one computer is real slow, it's taking 5 to 10 min to get to a website. I have gone directly to the Modem and also installed a wireless connection and it gets no better. I have been bringing the computer to 

work to troubleshoot it and it works great here, pages load like they should. It seems like this computer doesn't like the modem. What can I do ?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Slow Internet at 1 computer

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow Internet at 1 computer

I have gonre thru the trouble shooting and still have the same issues. He has no issue playing games on steam (no lag) , it is just when he tries to go to a netflix,utube, twitch or even a speed test website it takes for ever to get there.