Community Forum

Slow Internet Speeds after router restart

New Poster

Slow Internet Speeds after router restart

Hi,

When I restart my router I get ~150Mbps download speeds, but after a short time, roughly an hour or even less, all of a sudden I get ~7Mbps, primarily on my wired PlayStation 4. Again, it's wired into my router, a Netgear C3000-100NAS, which is supposed to be supported, but I am experiencing this on an almost daily basis. What is the cause of the slowdown? I have Performance Pro Tier and this is getting ridiculous having to restart my router constantly.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Slow Internet Speeds after router restart

Hi Jam6781,  can you plug a computer straight to your modem and let us know what speeds you are getting there?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Slow Internet Speeds after router restart

Hi Jam6781, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance and we will gladly help.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!