Community Forum

Slow Internet Speed On A Home Desktop

New Poster

Slow Internet Speed On A Home Desktop

This is really not a question but more of an advisory of a possible reason for slow internet download speeds on a single computer when you have other computers in the same home that are able to obtain above average download speeds. My personal desktop was only getting on average a 9.8 mbps download speed. I had two other computer that I  could connect to the same eithernet connection cable and was getting 75 mbps + download speeds. I tried everything I could think of to correct this problem. All my setting were correct. I ever restored my computer to the earliest possible restore date nothing helped. I happened to notice that my Adobe Flash had completely stopped loading my favorite FaceBook game (War Commander). I tried resetting all the setting everywhere that allows Flash to load the game and nothing worked there either. So as a last effort to resolve I reinstalled the latest version of Adobe Flash. Not only was I able to load my FaceBook game then I rechecked my internet download speeds and they were back at full force. I don't understand how. I only know that it did. Thanks again to the Xfinity online tech for trying to help me resolve this issue. So be advised that Adobe Flash can effect your internet download speeds (mbps) drastically. Re-install or update as needed.

Official Employee

Re: Slow Internet Speed On A Home Desktop

Greetings, rodneybranch990! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I wanted to thank you for providing this information on Adobe Flash as it can show it's just not an ISP that can affect your internet speeds but system and programs as well. I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. If you need any further assistance, feel free to send me a PM with you first and last name so I may continue to assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!