Community Forum

Slow Downloads!!

Regular Visitor

Slow Downloads!!

wrong.png

So -- What gives Comcast????   Typical downloads from Microsoft at dozens of MB per second!

Expert

Re: Slow Downloads!!

Your speed test looks o/k. Which speed tier are you actually subscribed to ?

Is that the only server / site that is slow or is it a more general issue ?

Perhaps that particular server(s) is / are congested / busy, or perhaps there is a routing issue to it ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

It’s Microsoft.   My comcast speed locally is fine.  I have no alternate location for downloads.  I typically get 10Mbps downloads from MS.  I hope this just not a very poor peering arrangement with MS, or the signs of the loss of Net Newtrality going into effect.

Expert

You could run a traceroute to the server to possibly locate the bottleneck. I don't believe that Comcast peers directly with MS. There are typically third party backbone / transit providers involved in the routing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!