Community Forum

Single device getting redirected to Xfinity activation page upon connection

Highlighted
New Poster

Single device getting redirected to Xfinity activation page upon connection

Hi,

My network is generally working fine, save for one persistent issue. One of my devices connecting to (running on an xFi Gateway) consistently gets redirected to the xfinity activation page for my account upon connection. When I try clicking through the phantom "activation process", it immediately closes and I can start browsing the internet for a few minutes. However, after a few minutes it automatically disconnects, and does not reconnect as it logs the network as "not being able to connect to the Internet automatically" because of the redirection. I then have to manually reconnect to the network, go through the phantom "activation process" again, and then return to browsing for a few minutes before the whole cycle repeats again.

I have tried clearing the browser cache on that device and powercycling the Gateway for 30 seconds as per the advice of other posts I've seen from other customers having similar problems, but the issue persists. Is there any fix for this that I am missing?

Thanks very much.

Expert

Re: Single device getting redirected to Xfinity activation page upon connection

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'd like to be able to debug the issue and ascertain the cause. It seems to happen only with a particular kind of device (LG G5 phones). Else, I wouldn't be sure if resetting the Gateway completely would even be able to solve the issue.

Expert

Have you tried the suggestion ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!