For 3 days now, and for the 3rd time in about 2 years my broadband signal has become unstable again. Same sypmtoms as in the past. Frequent total signal loss, without actuall disconnecting. Max speeds of around 30Mbps, but that veries from second to second and speed can drop to 1Mbps or less in an instant.
There are of course no outages reorted, and my equipment , "looks ok" from your end. Cycling of equipment has no effect. The symptoms continue.
First time, I reported it and it was ignored for weeks, maybe months. Then my speed was back up to par, and my signal was relatively stable, although even with adequate speed channel specs have always been conssitently poor. This past time the same symptoms persited for close to 3 months. I was finally told the local external equipment would be checked within a few days. 12 days later my signal stablized with all 8 channels, up from 6, with proper speed, but still poor channel strength and ratio. Now, less than a month later. The same symptoms have returned, but this time with a full 8 channels, although this time in the 25 to 32 channel range, rather than the previous channel ID's in the teens.
Also as before, it seems to suffer from peak congestion, but is never any better than this: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/1560991761851_JX3Y6UHH8D3AASD, or http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/1560991909259_JX3YA1O55HOYIZN
This reperated poor service is why I dropped to an internet only teir.
And of course there's no simple means of reporting this, short of waiting in line on the phone for 15 mins.
I'll leave this here for a few days to see if anything comes of it. Then, I'll post it on a DSL Reports forum to see what responses I get.
I'm having a similar issue for the 2nd time in 3 months. I just wrote a nice detailed write up in this forum, that of course did not post properly and everything I wrote was lost. (Edit: It did finally post, as did my photos obviously. A moderator thing I guess).
About 30/4 with terrible connection. Frequent drops to below 1 Mbps or less, or even no signal at all, even though it never actually disconnects. I do connect with 8 channels up and 4 down, but they're all out of spec. When this went on for 2 months before I would only show 6 channels down. Was suppose to have been fixed and I had proper speed for almost 4 weeks.
Hello, blackwk. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having internet speed issues as well. That's certainly frustrating. I know I would go batty if my connection was reliable. I would like to look further into this. For the images, since you are new the forums there is an approval process. But they should be showing up soon. In the meantime, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.
The downstream power and the SNR figures that you posted are horrible. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, and speed and latency problems.
In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test
If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.
EG, I'm not certain whether your reply is for me or for the OP, since my post to them was moved (for whatever reason), but:
Thanks for your response. I've been through all the troubleshooting tips I can find. There are zero splitters from the incoming line to my modem, there is only a single line coming in - which has been replaced with new RG6, the single coupling between the house and the pole has been replaced with a new one, both ends at that point are weather shielded, and the only 2 connections have been tightened by wrench.
The speed has stabilized for the time being, but the signal readings are the same. I imagine it's only a matter of time before it's over the place again.
You. You are the OP here.
Oh, I see. Looks like they consolidated all my responses to posters with similar issues onto my own orignal post. The notification has your re: subject as that of someone elses topic that I responded to.
Hey, Kevin. I hope you are having a great day. I just wanted to follow up to see if you were still having issues. If you are, please let me know so I can get that tech out to look at the signal. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello, blackwk. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.