Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Shut done wifi from kids at night

New Poster

Shut done wifi from kids at night

Is there a way to turn off wifi at a certain time at night for kids. will that turn off tv too, or just remote devices like iPods?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Shut done wifi from kids at night

Log in to your router's admin page and navigate to parental controls.  you can use the parental controls to do what you want.

That said, as said above, you need to create a really good password so your children can't log in and change the parental controls settings.

All Replies
Expert

Some routers have the ability to shut don WiFi access on a schedule, or block access to certain devices, based on MAC address on a schedule. Either way means that your kids should not have access to your router/gateway. The ultimate defense is to unplug the gateway or modem, and take it to bed with you!! Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Expert

Log in to your router's admin page and navigate to parental controls.  you can use the parental controls to do what you want.

That said, as said above, you need to create a really good password so your children can't log in and change the parental controls settings.

New Poster

Thanks, this did work. I could even do it by device, so I could shut down the kids devices and not parents. I also could do weekends at a different time than weekdays.
Expert

Glad you got it figured out.