Community Forum

Setting up my TP-Link AC 750 Range Extender on Cisco DPC3941T Gateway

Regular Visitor

Setting up my TP-Link AC 750 Range Extender on Cisco DPC3941T Gateway

I bought an AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender and I have the Comcast X3 gateway (Cisco DPC3941T).  Try as I may, and I'm pretty good at reading instructions, I can't get the range extender SSIDs to show up on my home wifi network.  When I go to the admin page of my gateway, the 2 TP-Link MAC addresses are showing as connected devices to my home network, but when I click on the Range Extender bar, there's no valid extender found.  I've tried several reboots/resets, etc., and since it's almost 1 am, I'm going to sleep on it.  If anyone has suggestions about what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Setting up my Linksys AC 750 Range Extender on Cisco DPC3941T Gateway

Once I got my Netgear range extender set up, all I needed to know was whether I could connect to the extender's SSID's with my wifi devices.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Re: Setting up my TP-Link AC 750 Range Extender on Cisco DPC3941T Gateway

So your Gateway recognized the range extenders, and you could see them on the Gateway admin page? None of my devices can see the Extender SSIDs, yet the Gateway shows the MAC addresses as connected devices.  Weird.