Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Service continually dropping out

Regular Visitor

Service continually dropping out

We have xfinity tv and internet, and they are constantly dropping signal. Have attempted calling the tech support line multiple times, have almost 11 hours on the phone with them troubleshooting this past month. One of the first times, they told us it was our personally owned modem that was the issue since it was a few years old, so we bought a new one. The issues remained. So they sent a technician out, said he couldn't find anything wrong, and that the signals were fine. He did say he removed an o-ring from one of the outside connections, and that it could have been causing interference, and should be fixed. We had uninterrupted internet for about 3 hours, then went right back to dropping. No rhyme or reason that I can see as to what is causing the issue (i.e. varying times of day, temperatures, sometimes it works for hours and then goes off for 10 minutes, sometimes it will be off for 8+ hours) and the of course when the tech came out, there was nothing wrong with it that he could find. The issues stayed, so they scheduled another appointment for a tech to come, and the tech never showed up. So now I am hoping to get some info from here. The numbers below are from last night, once while it was working, and once after it dropped signals (the one with only two lines or so of info is when the signal was out). 

Working:

modem info working.JPG

Not working:

modem info.JPG

Modem is a modem/router combo, an Arris SGB6700-AC. Unfortunately do not have the error log, as I was unable to get onto this website from home due to the poor connection, and can't access the router/modem from work. The wiring is a single cable that comes from the box outside the house, directly through my living room wall and about 6ft of coax. It then goes to a splitter (comcast provided and already replaced by them), with one cable to the cable TV/X1 box and the other to the modem/router, about 3 feet from the splitter (no long runs of cable or multiple splitters). 

Any help is appreciated!

Expert

Re: Service continually dropping out

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

Official Employee

Re: Service continually dropping out

Hi tcanzonieri, I can assist you with getting your connection issues resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?