Community Forum

Self Installed Modem

Frequent Visitor

Self Installed Modem

I have a question, please, about my modem user name and password. Is my modem user name and password supposed to be what shows up on my wifi to get connected? Mine has 2 different names. For example, when I log in to my modem account, I see  my user name and password, however, when I try to use my wifi, there is a different user name and password.  Is this OK or do they both need to be the same? Thank you in advance.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Self Installed Modem

@chor1955 wrote:

I have a question, please, about my modem user name and password. Is my modem user name and password supposed to be what shows up on my wifi to get connected? Mine has 2 different names. For example, when I log in to my modem account, I see  my user name and password, however, when I try to use my wifi, there is a different user name and password.  Is this OK or do they both need to be the same? Thank you in advance.

They are different; my XB6 login is admin password.  This will show you what your wifi SSID and password are:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!