Community Forum

Self Installation of XFi with DirecTV

Regular Visitor

Self Installation of XFi with DirecTV

I recently purchased a new home that has only had service through AT&T/DirecTV. I opted to keep DirecTV, however, I wanted Xfinity internet due to available speeds in my area. The issue I am having has to do with the fact that there has been no prior Comcast or Xfinity hookup to the home. I have plugged in the Gateway modem/router directly into the coaxial cables in my home, but this is not working due to it being DirecTV signal (I am assuming). No technician came out to my house to put in any line, to my knowledge, although I was given an automated text response stating that someone "needs to connect cables outside your home before you can set up your service" and that this was completed; however, I do not see where anything was done on exterior of my home. 

If there is any information available so that I can hopefully get my network set up this weekend, I would greatly appreciate any and all input!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Self Installation of XFi with DirecTV

To start, You would need to take a look outside and see if there is a new line coming up to your house or not. If there isn’t, a tech needs to come out and do an install. If there is, you have to track down the cable outlet that you want to use, disconnect it from the direct tv service and connect it to the new Comcast line.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I do not see any new line coming up to the house. Is there any easy way to get a tech to come out and run a line/set up a new coax?
Diamond Problem Solver

I’ve escalated this up to a colleague to assist you with getting a tech out, look for a reply in this thread

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey there, moodyad2! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

I understand how important it is to get your service up and running, and I'd be happy to help. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!