Community Forum

Second IP Address Needed For SB8200

Regular Visitor

Second IP Address Needed For SB8200

Hello all

I have my own SB8200 modem that has (2) ethernet ports on it. I have two differents routers plugged into each port. I can only connect to the internet with one at a time.

I read this thread here: 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Getting-a-second-IP-address-for-my-SB8200-Modem/td-p...

And it looks like I need an independent IP address assigned to each of the SB8200's ports. I called Tech Support but they did not understand what I was asking about and told me to contact the modem manufacturer.

In the thread above a Comcast employee, @ComcastAlly, helped the OP there. I am hoping either she or another Comcast employee can assist me with this.

Regular Visitor

Re: Second IP Address Needed For SB8200

I just hung up with Comcast. I called to make a change to the bill. The people I was speaking with were here in America so I figured maybe they could assist me.

The woman I spoke with really did not understand what the issue was and in the end said nothing could be done. I told her that there is a solution as another Comcast rep resolved the issue for another customer. I thanked her for her time and told I would wait until I received a response on the forum.

At this point I would say if you have an issue your only chance at a resolution is on here.

Expert

First, check that your area offers an additional IP here. Many areas are no longer offering it.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I do not see anything like that listed in the PDF but I am not sure I am looking in the right place.

The funny thing is when I switched out the modem I had to call Comcast. They removed the old modem and put the new one on the account. I set up both wireless networks and it worked. When I got up in the morning it was not working.

Expert

It should be listed under Xfinity Internet, the last section of the rate card, as "Additional IP Address" or something similar. 

If it's not listed, it's not available in your area. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

EzGoingKev, I just got your PM regarding the additional IP. Please respond there at your earliest convenience. Thanks! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastAlly  helped me out with the second IP address. 

Just an FYI - the second IP was not listed on the rate card but it was available.

Thanks again @ComcastAlly!