Community Forum

Scheduled Maintenance, service interrupted...where is the backup server ?

Highlighted
New Poster

Scheduled Maintenance, service interrupted...where is the backup server ?

Shouldn't an ISP be responsible like many have been since the 90's and trunk you to a backup server during maintenance to keep your service uniterupted.
Expert

Re: Scheduled Maintenance, service interrupted...where is the backup server ?

@MINybroForum wrote:
Shouldn't an ISP be responsible like many have been since the 90's and trunk you to a backup server during maintenance to keep your service uniterupted.

Backup? For residential service? Since when? I've had several ISPs from various DSL providers, HughesNet satellite, and even Comcast and I've never been afforded that luxury. 

You can always subscribe to Comcast Business Class service if you need a constant connection. Or get a secondary ISP. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Scheduled Maintenance, service interrupted...where is the backup server ?

FWIW, their Business Class Service is delivered on exactly the same infrastructure as residential service. If hardware / lines / plant go down, both services go down. Same thing if a vehicle takes out a pole.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!