Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Samsung Devices not connecting properly.

Regular Visitor

Samsung Devices not connecting properly.

For the past week or so, none of my samsung devices will connect to the wifi properly. I can still browse the web, Facebook, and check email with little to no problem. Most games on my samsung devices will not connect unless I disconnect from Wifi, let the game connect, then can reconnect to wifi with no problem. Music on Pandora on these devices take a minute or so to buffer before they play, and any video streaming service i try to use (Youtube, WWE Network, Netflix, Hulu) takes forever to load a video. This only happens when connected to my home network. Being connected at work, or a friends house i have no issues. So im lead to believe it has something to do with my home network. I have done several reboots and factory resets on the modem/router supplied by comcast.

I have no other issues with other devices on wifi. Like my wife's iphone, amazon echo, and multiple gaming systems and laptops. To rule out an issue with my samsung devices, i did a factory reset on those as well with no help. Again this issue is only on my samsung devices on my home network.

I have tired every option i have seen on google with no success.

Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: Samsung Devices not connecting properly.

Hi @sirwin44

You've done a pretty good job at troubleshooting. I think you're at the stage where you should consider swapping the gateway. You can exchange it at your local service center (https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/) or CC can mail you a replacement. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Re: Samsung Devices not connecting properly.

Hi @sirwin44, I can help by sending a modem if it's more convenient for you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.