Community Forum

SURFboard SB6121 and 75 Mbps download speed

Frequent Visitor

SURFboard SB6121 and 75 Mbps download speed

A few months ago, I wanted to upgrade my internet from 25 Mbps to 75 and I checked the website to make sure my current modem would still be compatible; it was (it's a SURFboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem). I wound up not upgrading at that time, but today I went online to upgrade and decided to check my modem again and this time it said it's not supported. For clarification, I searched the forums to see if there was any info. I wanted to include the exact name of my modem in this post so I went back to the "mydeviceinfo" page, entered my info and found my modem, and now it's showing that it is supported. I checked to make sure the radio button next to 75 Mbps is chosen on the left side and I know I had the right speed chosen earlier today, also.

Does anyone currently have an SB6121 with the 75 Mbps plan and is it working correctly? I can't afford to buy a new modem right now and I don't want to rent one.

TIA

Expert

Re: SURFboard SB6121 and 75 Mbps download speed

In my zipcode it shows that it is supported for speeds up to 101 Mbps;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/arris-sb6121-365

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

That's what I'm seeing, too, but there's another page that comes up when I log in saying it's not supported (https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/arris-sb6121-292). I'm hoping someone can actually verify that they're using the SB6121 with 75 Mpbs or higher.

New Poster

Yes, we have had this modem with 75 Mbps download speed from Comcast and it works well. It can support speeds up to 172 Mbps per the Arris website.
Expert

rahnefan wrote:
It can support speeds up to 172 Mbps per the Arris website.

See the speeds that Comcast says it will support in my post. That's the one that matters. Real life. Not some brag speed from a manufacturer done under perfect laboratory bench conditions. Dead thread now being closed

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!