Community Forum

STRANGE DEVICES ON MY NETWORK

Frequent Visitor

STRANGE DEVICES ON MY NETWORK

When checking on my network I found 5 devices there that I have no idea where they came from. All of my devices are named so I know these aren't any devices that I added. I've paused them all and see no difference in any device I have on the network. I would like to just delete them but would like to know what they are and how they got on the network.
4 of the devices all come up as InProCom with different names such as InProCom-67FC, 73FC, 4EFC and 949C. The 5th device shows as LcfcHefe.
Can someone help me to identify the devices? Much appreciated.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: STRANGE DEVICES ON MY NETWORK

@salwc2k wrote:
When checking on my network I found 5 devices there that I have no idea where they came from. All of my devices are named so I know these aren't any devices that I added. I've paused them all and see no difference in any device I have on the network. I would like to just delete them but would like to know what they are and how they got on the network.
4 of the devices all come up as InProCom with different names such as InProCom-67FC, 73FC, 4EFC and 949C. The 5th device shows as LcfcHefe.
Can someone help me to identify the devices? Much appreciated.

The numbers are parts of the MAC address for the devices.  The InProCom part refers to network cards.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

https://www.google.com/search?q=InProCom&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&oq=InProCom&aqs=chrome..69i57&sour...

https://www.google.com/search?q=LcfcHefe&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&oq=LcfcHefe&aqs=chrome..69i57&sour...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the links, I did try to research those prior to my asking on the forum however I'm still not sure what that all means. If they are a chip manufacturer then dies thar mean some of my devices are appearing twice, once with my named device and again as the chip manufacturer? I'm confused. All of the devices I have on the network are named by me but have no idea what those 5 are. If it's just another name for a device I already have and named then why is it doing that. Never had that happen before. I've paused those 5 and it didn't affect anything. Can I just remove them? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

So I guess my real question is Why did they just suddenly appear after years of not showing up?
And is it okay to remove them or doesn't it even matter? I have them all paused right now and made no difference in anything.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Expert

Try removing them if you can and see what happens. Change your WiFi network password. And use the MAC addy filtering feature if you are not and if the device has one.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks EG. I deleted those devices yesterday and so far yesterday and today no issues so I guess they were nothing. I wish I knew why they appeared in the first place but then again in the end it didn't matter. I also took your advice and changed my password. No mac addy filter as far I know. Thanks again. Enjoy your day.
Expert

@salwc2k wrote:
 No mac addy filter as far I know. Thanks again. Enjoy your day.

You sure ? It's a common feature. It would be an additional layer of security !

Quite welcome ! 

Frequent Visitor

I'll check again when I get home about the mac addy. I didn't really look too hard. Im not that technically inclined but I'll look again. Thanks for reminding me though.