Community Forum

STABILITY ISSUE WHEN CONNECTING TO OCULUS QUEST (VR HEADSET)

New Poster

STABILITY ISSUE WHEN CONNECTING TO OCULUS QUEST (VR HEADSET)

I am having connection issues with my Xfinity Gigabit internet on my new Oculus Quest VR device. Every 10 minutes or so it says "disconnected from wifi network" then restores connection. This is very inconvenient as most games are played online. In the Oculus Quest Subreddit forum, every user experiencing this issue has the new Xfi Wireless Gateway. Is there a workaround for this network stability or do I need to switch my internet service provider. 

Official Employee

Re: STABILITY ISSUE WHEN CONNECTING TO OCULUS QUEST (VR HEADSET)

Hello, rashodeforsey! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! 

I'm so glad you reached out to us for support! I absolutely understand how frustrating connection issues are especially when it comes to gaming. I would like to take a closer look and see if we can get this figured out so you can play with your Oculus without interruption.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the exact same problem any solution yet thanks
Official Employee

Hi there, Betman64. We have not heard anything from the top poster. Once we do, we will make sure to post the answer here. If you would like faster support, if you make your own post, we will reach out to you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!