Community Forum

SBV3202 32x8 modem slow

Frequent Visitor

SBV3202 32x8 modem slow

On comcast gigabit plan for a couple months but family didn't notice difference vs the 150 /20 plan previously.

So I swapped out the rental gateway cgm4140com for my own SBV3202 but now seeing 400/5. Modem status @ 192.168.100.1 shows only 4 channels up which cant be helping the slow upload speeds.

Any way to get better upload speeds? Anything over 150 for download is not needed.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: SBV3202 32x8 modem slow

@KenZ71 wrote:
On comcast gigabit plan for a couple months but family didn't notice difference vs the 150 /20 plan previously.

So I swapped out the rental gateway cgm4140com for my own SBV3202 but now seeing 400/5. Modem status @ 192.168.100.1 shows only 4 channels up which cant be helping the slow upload speeds.

Any way to get better upload speeds? Anything over 150 for download is not needed.

This should give you an idea of what is theoretically possible:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15643

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@KenZ71 wrote:
 Modem status @ 192.168.100.1 shows only 4 channels up 

FWIW, that's normal because Comcast only offers up to 4 upstream channels. Some market areas still have only 3.

And you'll never get gig speed with an SBV3202. It is DOCSIS 3.0. You need a DOCSIS 3.1 capable device to get gig speed. A 3.0 device will default to using a slower speed tier configuration file even if you are subscribed to gig.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

the dslreports link helps but the comcast rep I am chatting with tells me the Extreme 250 plan would have upload of 10Mps. But hey, that is about a 40% improvement for what I have now.

Also, why is it impossible to see the possible plans from xfinity.com when logged into my account? Seems like they only show more expensive options - grrrrr.