Community Forum

SB8200 Wont stay provisioned

Regular Visitor

SB8200 Wont stay provisioned

I have an Arris SB8200 that I purchased new at the time of service.  Every few weeks it receives an entry in its logs of "Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow" from the headend.  When it does, we lose connection, and the modem has to be re-provisioned by either a comcast tech, or the automated attendant.  When the modem losses it's provisioning it vansihes from the account status page, as does the entry for internet service.  

I've read on other forums that this is apparently due to a misconfiguration in our xfinity account , and that there are peopel here that know how to fix the problem in our acount.  

I would really like to get this resolved, as this is very fustrating.  

Expert

Re: SB8200 Wont stay provisioned

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards.  You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey cap60552, that does sound pretty frustrating. Apologies for that experience. Let's look into these provisioning issues and get this resolved once and for all. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I am now closing out this post due to inactivity. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out again! 

Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.