I just upgraded from an SB6190 to an SB8200, but with the SB8200 there is no access to the modem's status etc. webpages, the connections just timeout (tested on mulltiple browsers in multiple operating systems). It does not seem like my system is blocking traffic as I can access the Spectrum Analyser on the same address (192.168.100.1) at port 8080 with no problem. Is this a common problem with an easy way to fix it ? I have rebooted both the modem and the router to no effect.
Have you tried hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds ?
It is exactly the same after the complete reset (and long restart wait !). The browsers
respond with :-
"The operation timed out when attempting to contact 192.168.100.1"
It still connects at port 8080 with no problem.
If I try to access it though a non-standard port, say 81, then the response is :-
"The connection was refused when attempting to contact 192.168.100.1:81"
For standard http(s) ports 80 and 443 I get the timeout. The firmware appears to
be screwy !
For standard http(s) ports 80 and 443 I get the timeout.
Are you saying that you are trying to use a secure HTTPS connection ? If so, use HTTP.
The primary connection, that worked perfectly with the SB6190, is http. When that didn't work
I experimented with https and the varying ports, just for fun ! Nothing works to get to the
status webpages, but the modem is working perfectly (as far as I can tell without access to
the status) :-(
@gusr19a wrote: ... with the SB8200 there is no access to the modem's status etc. webpages ...
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31459521- describes what sounds like the same problem. What LAN network (x.y.z.*) address are you using? The poster on DSLR claims that, for instance, a 192.168.1.x LAN net address works, but 192.168.2.x does not.
Yes, I had found that and tried both 192.168.1.x and 192.168.100.x (x not equal to 1 !) to no
avail, the modem still refuses to connect :-( The modem can identify the browser, as if I
try to get to Spectrum Analyser with Seamonkey it tells me that it is not supported. Very
strange. If I connect the PC direct to the modem I can access the status webpages when
the PC is on its normal IP address (not on the modem's subnet), but that is not exactly a
practical solution and was not necessary with any of my previous Arris/Motorola modems
(and there have been a few !) !
I too just upgraded from an SB6190 to the SB8200 and 192.168.100.1 works for me. I connected directly from my computer to the router (bypassing the modem) for router setup.
I suspect that there is a communciation problem between the modem and my router. When
I made the direct connection an error did flash up (unfortunately I didn't write it down), but the
pages still loaded. If the router sees that error it might decide to not pass data with an error.
I don't think the coding by Arris is that great, on the SB6190 the "Events" webpage did not
work in some browsers, you got to see the code that was supposed to generate the page !
All the other pages were OK, and that one was OK until the latest firmware revision came out !
For now I give up, thanks for all the suggestions :-)
I used an SB8200 for nearly a year, never had an issue logging onto the status page at http://192.168.100.1 .
Unlike some other brands, you're not even required to log in to see it.
The browser caches have been flushed multiple times and as the address is a "private"/unroutable
dot-numeric one DNS should not be involved :-( The network does get to the modem, as proved
by the access to the Spectrum Analyser on the same IP address.
Thanks, as I said I am giving up for now. Maybe the modem and/or router will receive new firmware
that corrects the problem at some time in the future.