Community Forum

Router breaks when connected.

New Poster

Router breaks when connected.

I have been trying to trouble shoot this for 4 weeks. Im at the end of my rope with comcast and all the support people I have dealt with. Everyone of them keeps telling me its my router or modem. They have to be wrong, basically my internet goes out every day 15to20 times a day, all for 2-5 min periods. Heres the steps ive taken over last month. I justmoved here and have been having issue since.
The gear i have.
Tp link ac5400 router
Netgear cm1000 modem
Swap modem to
Arris sb8200
Swapped router to
Asus ax11000
1. Tplink suggested it was a wifi cross channel issue, at the time i had no wired devices so figured they were right, but wrong
2. Comcast suggested its my router in general, and my software was out of date(wrong router has never had issues last 2 years 2 different homes besides this one) hung up thinking worthless tech.
3. Swapped router to asus ax11000, wifi/internet still doing it.
4. Swapped out netgear cm1000 to arris sb8200, still doing it.
5. Disconnected router entirely, all i have is a smart tv to hardwire to back of modem, tv hasnt done it for a solid 12 hours, hard to monitor without logs from a router, i just leave it running as much as i can.
At this point i think its comcasts end, some sort of issue with the line coming into house, its overhead hung wire, comcast installer for my box said it was good, he seemed like he knew his stuff, if anyone else can think of maybe whats causing this issue, or has had a simular issue, PLEASE HELP. The comcast guy did point out the switch terminal on my pole wasnt set up right but shouldnt cause an issue. I dont know what else to do, my neighbors have comcast and have no issues. I just moved here 4 or 5 weeks ago, and been dealing with this since. I had an appointment but cancled because the comcast tech onphone said it would be 75 to 150 charge if they couldnt fix the issue or see that it was their fault, i cant afford that right now.
New Poster

Re: Router breaks when connected.

Update, of coarse 1 hour after post and it does it again, im convinced it is comcasts issue, no way 2 seperate modems has the same issue of holding a connection, the wire out side goes straight into my modem after the ground point, theres no wires of mine to be the root of this, ill be contacting comcast tmr to set up appointment.
Gold Problem Solver

Please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

Official Employee

Greetings, Passer! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that you are having issues with your internet connection ever since you moved to the new location. It would dive me batty to if I didn't have a reliable connection as well. If what BruceW has posted hasn't solved the issues and the tech has come and gone and still find yourself having issues, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, xoc21. We have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!