Community Forum

Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

New Poster

Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

Hi, there was a power outage in our house a couple hours ago, but it only lasted thirty minutes. Since the power came back on, our internet hasn't been working even though I already tried resetting it and unplugging then replugging it. All our devices can connect to our router's wifi, but they say that "the internet may not be available/there was an internet connection problem", so I was wondering if y'all have any idea how we can fix this problem?
Expert

Re: Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

What are the lights doing on your modem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The power light is on, the US/DS is blinking, and the WiFi light is flashing rapidly. The rest are not on including the online light, but I don't know how to fix it.
Expert

@A4lm wrote:
The power light is on, the US/DS is blinking, and the WiFi light is flashing rapidly. The rest are not on including the online light, but I don't know how to fix it.

Alright, if the US/DS light(s) are blinking it means the modem can't connect to the server for whatever reason. It's also a possibility that something got fried from a power surge when the power came back on. You'll probably need to teach to fix it unless you want to try swapping the modem on your own. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Ok, thank you for your time.
Official Employee

A4lm, let's take a look at what's going on with your connection. Please send me a private message with your full name and account related phone number for help. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have same problem. Lost power . Power now on but WiFi won’t connect. Power Iight on. US/DS flashing . No light for on line. WiFi lights blinking
New Poster

I also had a power outage tonite - now the same problem, same exact lights blinking
Expert

@Scootzer

Please feel free to create your own new topic here on this board detailing your issue. 10 month old dead thread now being closed.