Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

New Poster

Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

Hi, there was a power outage in our house a couple hours ago, but it only lasted thirty minutes. Since the power came back on, our internet hasn't been working even though I already tried resetting it and unplugging then replugging it. All our devices can connect to our router's wifi, but they say that "the internet may not be available/there was an internet connection problem", so I was wondering if y'all have any idea how we can fix this problem?
Expert

Re: Router Internet not Working after Power Outage

What are the lights doing on your modem?

New Poster

The power light is on, the US/DS is blinking, and the WiFi light is flashing rapidly. The rest are not on including the online light, but I don't know how to fix it.
Expert

@A4lm wrote:
The power light is on, the US/DS is blinking, and the WiFi light is flashing rapidly. The rest are not on including the online light, but I don't know how to fix it.

Alright, if the US/DS light(s) are blinking it means the modem can't connect to the server for whatever reason. It's also a possibility that something got fried from a power surge when the power came back on. You'll probably need to teach to fix it unless you want to try swapping the modem on your own. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

New Poster

Ok, thank you for your time.
Official Employee

A4lm, let's take a look at what's going on with your connection. Please send me a private message with your full name and account related phone number for help. 

KenF