Community Forum

Ring doorbell connection

Regular Visitor

Ring doorbell connection

Is the ring doorbell compatible with xfinity internet? I have one of the highest internet speeds but my door bell still lags. Do I have to change any settings to fix this? Or will it be like this till I buy something new?
Contributor

Re: Ring doorbell connection

The Ring requires no more than 3Mb for a stable connection. Have you done a signal test in the Ring app?

If your tests come back low, or you see a considerable drop off in signal where the doorbell is, consider getting a Chime Pro. It’s an extender made specifically for this issue. Contact Ring, make your case, and you may get one for free. Good luck.
C0D677BE-9A87-4261-962D-9DCFE4FE9E65.png
025323DC-A68A-4F05-966D-88817FDF3041.jpeg
Highlighted
New Poster

It's an issue with HOW Ring connects to xfinity channels when they are heavily used. That and the auto connect cause lag. I am trying to get infinity to take my router off auto connect and find me a less used channel in my area....
Expert

@Ajesquire wrote:
It's an issue with HOW Ring connects to xfinity channels when they are heavily used. That and the auto connect cause lag. I am trying to get infinity to take my router off auto connect and find me a less used channel in my area....

Please start a new thread and outline your issues there if you wish assistance. 

As this thread is several months old, and the OP hasn't responded, I'm closing it. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!