Community Forum

Ridiculously Slow Internet Speed.

Frequent Visitor

Ridiculously Slow Internet Speed.

Im not getting nearly what I am paying for with Xfinity and the customer Service / Support is horrible. I've had 3 technicians come out all telling me different things and leaving me hanging with a bill to pay when I cant even use my internet to watch a single youtube video or movie. I have the "Extreme Pro" Internet service and my phone data is faster than my wifi which is even more ridiculous. Every time im on the phone with support, they tell me that they're going to call me back but never do. Im always forced to call them and constantly repeat myself over and over monday - friday just for them to tell me that they'll send someone else or a team of two people. It makes it really hard for me to pay what they're asking me for when they cant even come out and fix the problem. It makes hard for me to give a good review to anyone about Xfinity when im having more problems than I had with anyone else. I'd rather pay cheap money for slow internet that I know im getting vs paying a lot more monthly for slow internet that I shouldnt be recieving. Very bad on Comcast's end and really poor review. I've already talked to the suporvisor, Countless agents, face to face with different techs. I personally think it's not fair and feels like im being robbed of my money. Very misleading service. Not happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ridiculously Slow Internet Speed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 2.37.05 PM.pngAnd this is from Xfinity's Speed Test. 

Expert

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I'm going to escalate your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with this speed issue! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

The fact that you have yet to reply to me and not at all attempt to help me with my problem is ridiculous. You guys are very slick and trying to give me the run around until my bill is due. Its not fair and its robbery. 

Frequent Visitor

Its november 13th and my problem is still ongoing. Comcast is stalling on me until my next bill is due. almost every tech and agent pretends as if the problem is new to them everytime, its almost like they're scripted to tell me the same thing, They do the opposite of what they're saying they'll do and give me the run around. my upload speed isnt even half of what they advertised for extreme pro. I get 1mbps upload speed and seeing around 23mbps Download speed. Cutting in my work time since I work from home and depend on internet service but yet they're expecting me to pay their bill lol. This is great. 

Official Employee

Hi, I apologize about the delay, I was off for the last 3 days! I have responded in our Private Message, if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience, thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.