Community Forum

Request: Third party app that track daily data usage?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Request: Third party app that track daily data usage?

Looking to locate a 3rd part application that will monitor and track daily data usage?

Today I got a notication that my data useage was at 90%. xFinity will show me online the total amount of data usage, but only for the entire month. There is no break down by day or hour, thus it is impossible for me to track how data is being used. Maybe there was one day where a massive amount of data was downloaded, and all other days are normal. Or maybe every day is high, and I need to figure out how to better manage daily useage. At the moment, there no way for me to figured out what the problem is.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Request: Third party app that track daily data usage?

@nrnoble wrote:

Looking to locate a 3rd part application that will monitor and track daily data usage?

Today I got a notication that my data useage was at 90%. xFinity will show me online the total amount of data usage, but only for the entire month. There is no break down by day or hour, thus it is impossible for me to track how data is being used. Maybe there was one day where a massive amount of data was downloaded, and all other days are normal. Or maybe every day is high, and I need to figure out how to better manage daily useage. At the moment, there no way for me to figured out what the problem is.

I don't have an app, so I use this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-usage-history?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@nrnoble wrote:

FWIW, if you install a bandwidth tracking app on your computer, it will only track the usage of that single computer and nothing else on your home network.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

They exist, but they will cost you. Wireshark and Glasswire are two examples. 

If you're willing to use a third party router, that can also be an option. My ASUS RT-AC88U can look at data consumption, per device, over a time period ranging from hours to months. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!